[meteorite-list] Mid May Hunting in Wisconsin?

From: Keith Wandry <keith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:46:28 -0700

Hi All,

I'm considering booking a flight out to Madison on the 13th of May
with a return trip on the 19th. Anybody planning on hunting any of
those dates?
This will be my first official search. Numerous motivations - since
I work part time up at Lick Observatory I would like to obtain a
specimen to add to the collection they currently have on display. I
would also like to have a small piece for my collection which I can
use in my going to classrooms. I would also like one smaller piece
to give to my 93 year old Great Aunt who lives in Wausau (my true
star...). Was just through the Livingston area a little over a year
ago taking my Great Aunt to Iowa.

I've been collecting off and on for many years and love educating the
public up at the Observatory.

Any help, pointers, clues would be greatly appreciated! I've been
reading the web looking for location info and found this list which I
am quite thankful for! I am so happy seeing familiar names from over
25 years ago when I worked at NASA Ames Research Center here in the
Bay Area.

I would really enjoy company by anyone who knows some of the ropes
and will be in the area during that time frame.

Thanks for any enlightenment and I wish you all great success in your
hunting and collecting!

Keith Wandry
keith at lobstershack.com
(408)507-6469