[meteorite-list] green mineral in WI meteorite

From: Joe Kerchner <skyrockmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:07:50 -0700 (PDT)

   I took off a very small little chip from my 332gr WI meteorite. I them examined the fresh matrix with a loupe and notice some sort of green mineral, it is a crystal of some sort, I never seen this before in a meteorite, it could be common, I just never seen it before. If I had a decent camera I would get a photo of it to show everyone. I cant wait to see it sliced up. I am very curious now, even more than before.
  Is this common? Does anyone know what it could be? Has anyone else noticed this in a slice, fragment or broken surface?

 Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner
http://illinoismeteorites.com
http://skyrockcafe.com