[meteorite-list] Arizona Falls

From: David Norton <renov8hotels_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:28:28 -0700

I am researching historic falls in Arizona and I am looking for some help if
anyone has information or contacts who may be able to fill in missing
details. I am looking for any information, photographs, flight maps etc. The
first is June 1998, a fall that apparently terminated in central Arizona
between Casa Grande and Gila Bend. David Kring led a recovery team in the
area but was unsuccessful in locating fragments. I have emailed Mr. Kring
but he has not responded, I am sure he is busy with more current activities.
The second occurred in October 1946 and was captured on film by two cameras
19 miles apart. A recovery was made south of the Phoenix metro area and the
stone was called the Rhoades meteorite, although it is not known in the Met
Bul. Thanks for any help you may have.