[meteorite-list] AD; wisconsin slices

From: Joe Kerchner <skyrockmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:25:53 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot to add this:
 I very nearly started to cry when after I found it and my kids ran over to me. My oldest said "my prayer worked"
     He said he prayed; "My daddy has been working so hard and put so much time and money into this hunt, and it is his dream to be hunting it. He deserves to find a piece, please help him find a piece"
When he told me that, I got that feeling in my throat and started to tear up. It made me feel so proud to be their father. This was after walking around in the super windy, rainy and very cold weather for 9 hrs that day, but they still wanted to keep hunting. That meant a lot to me. I can't tell you how much this find means to me.
     If I had money saved up and could afford it, I would keep this forever, intact. But the way our finances are right now, that would not be the smart or right thing to do.
     I will however be keeping a nice slice in my collection as the center piece for ever no mateer what happens in the future. Even if I find a 100 pound stone, this one will mean more to me than any other find could ever mean to me. It hurt to have to cut it, and the big reason I chose to have it cut and not sell it complete is because I really want some in my collection for ever.

 Best Wishes,
Joe Kerchner
http://illinoismeteorites.com
http://skyrockcafe.com