[meteorite-list] R: Re: I: Re: Writing on Gebel Kamil iron

From: Elizabeth Warner <ewarner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 13:10:45 -0400

Well, this is very unfortunate!

Once I saw that several reputable dealers had them, I didn't hold back
from buying a sample. But I feel guilty... Where did the dealers get
their stock from?

I think that from now on, not only will I look for the IMCA number but
also a statement that the samples (for whatever meteorite) were acquired
legally, etc. I would have thought that the association with IMCA would
drive the dealers to make sure that they are acquiring materials through
a legal pipeline. I certainly hope that the pieces I got originated
legally ..

Elizabeth