[meteorite-list] AD - Auctions Ending Today and Personal Notes

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 09:00:35 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members,

Please take a look at the auctions I have ending this afternoon if you want to
secure rare and valuable pieces for your collection. I never run reserves and
start most items out at just 99 cents incurring risks that are great. In most
cases, this material has been selling seriously below my costs this summer. I
run these auctions for three reasons.

1.) To recover a portion of the enormous investment I have into this avocation.

2.) To share my enthusiasm for these rare specimens with others

3.) I believe that the public has the right to share in these rarities

These auctions have been taking up a lot of time and making it difficult for me
to get in as much field time as I like. Once I reach my arbitrary goal of
20,000 specimens sold this fall, I will reevaluate my situation, probably step
down and enjoy other aspects of this great hobby. I will then solicit the rest
on my non-personal inventory for sale all at once or donation depending on an
accountant's input. I will keep you informed. In the meantime, enjoy the many
bargains that will be available over the next few months.

All Auctions Can Be Found At This link:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/raremeteorites!_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Some Planetary Highlights:

Very nice .118 gram part slice of Martian meteorite DAG 476:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433733033

Great .174 gram thinly cut part slice of Martian meteorite DAG 735:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433733826

Awesome .132 gram thinly cut part slice of Martian meteorite Dhofar 019:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433736303

Gorgeous .140 gram part slice of Lunar meteorite Dhofar908:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502890765

Gorgeous .140 gram part slice of Lunar meteorite Dhofar911:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433737986

Gorgeous .156 gram part slice of Lunar meteorite Dhofar1085:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433738647

Largest Piece Left - .124 gram thinly cut part slice of Lunar meteorite NEA001:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433741078

Largest Piece Left - .104 gram thinly cut and crusted part slice of Lunar
meteorite NWA482:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502893960

Large - .252 gram part slice of Martian meteorite NWA 1110 - ALMOST OUT!:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433747224

Large Piece - .106 gram part slice of Martian meteorite NWA 1195:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502897636

Ultra Rare Worth Over $900.00 - .376 gram lot of Martian meteorite NWA 2626:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502899726

Crusted - .228 gram specimen of Lunar meteorite NWA 3163:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502903457

Fresh - .164 gram specimen of Martian meteorite NWA 4468:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502904286

Very Rare and Fantastic - .136 gram part slice of Lunar meteorite NWA 4884:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433759447

MUST SEE!!! - .328 gram part slice of Legendary Lunar meteorite NWA 5000:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502906945

Awesome - .192 gram part slice of Lunar meteorite NWA 5406:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140433760612

26 milligram fragment of signature Martian meteorite Shergotty:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502907721

And too many other rare bargains to list can be found at this link:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/raremeteorites!_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Best Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock