[meteorite-list] meteorite inclusions

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 03:09:16 EDT

Hello,

Yes, Almahata Sitta contains ureilitic, chondritic, enstatite material, and
very recently organic matter was also found in it. And yes, it is all one
meteorite, that question has already been discussed and answered.
If you go to the Meteorite-Stones page of my website, you will see the link
to the Almahata Sitta page, here it is:
_http://www.impactika.com/ASitta.doc_ (http://www.impactika.com/ASitta.doc)

At the bottom of the page you will find the Abstract, and here is the
paragraph you are looking for:
"Cosmogenic radioisotopes: Cosmogenic isotopes were measured by means of
-ray spectroscopy in two chondritic fragments (MS-D and MS-CH) of the
Almahata Sitta strewn field. The detection of 46Sc (half life: 83.8d) in MS-CH, of
54Mn (half life: 312.2d) and 57Co (half life: 271.8d) in both samples
clearly indicates that these fragments result from a very recent meteorite fall
consistent with the Almahata Sitta fall 14 months ago" Professor Bischoff,
Muenster University, Germany.

So Yes, Barry, it can happen, but it is extremely rare.

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 8/10/2010 12:46:08 AM Mountain Daylight Time,