[meteorite-list] AD - 6.1 gram complete australite

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:56:24 -0700

Hey All,
A year or so ago, I managed to acquire a pretty nice example of an
australite - this 6.1 gram complete flanged button.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=102083&id=508345918&l=b6c21a6903

Granted, it has some cooling cracks, but it doesn't have a single
chip, new or old. It's also about 1.5 times the weight of the next
largest complete australite that I've ever seen for sale. I've read
about larger examples in scientific papers (up to 12 grams or so), but
have never actually seen - or heard of any - larger than this in a
private collection...though I'm sure they're out there.

It's pretty, but not really our sort of thing. So if anyone's looking
for such an example, this one is available - and I'm open to trades.
Given that the asking price on ~2-3 gram pieces seems to be in the
~$2,000-3,000 range, I'm looking for cash offers of $4,000 or more (or
trade equivalent).

Thanks,
Jason