[meteorite-list] FW: Lafayette and other rarities (was The most expensive meteorite per gram?)

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:53:19 +0000

> Hi Steve and all,
>
> Lafayette is truly a rare specimen. Only 30 grams total in private hands. I
> recently cut some of this material and still have small fragments that broke
> off from what I was cutting. After I sell what little I have left, it will
> be gone and nearly impossible to buy.
>

> --AL Mitterling

I have a Bessey Speck (about .001g) of Lafayette acquired several years ago, for the unheard of price of under $100; somewhere in my records I have the original receipt and COA. It is one of my rarities, and I'm pleased I got it, although at the time I had no idea it was so difficult to come by! I also got a lentil sized piece of Honolulu for about $300 around the same time; this one actually came back to its fall origin from Europe!

Best!
Tracy Latimer