[meteorite-list] Ohio man claims struck by meteorite

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:01:09 -0700 (PDT)

I would have to say I got a laugh about the guy and his encounter with a rock that he feels might be from space. I bet that's how alot of people on the List get when they are in an actual strewn field for the first time and looking for meteorites. But for this guy, he knows nothing about meteorites,nor what they look like, only what he might have seen on TV about rocks or heard from other people. With that in mind, he knows no better, nor does most of? the country know better what a meteorite might look like. Heck 8 months ago if you asked me what fusion crust was on a meteorite I would have?said "come again..." At any right, I like that the media?and more people are taking an?interest with meteorites and science.
?
Shawn Alan?

[meteorite-list] Ohio man claims struck by meteorite
Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Thu Aug 12 20:10:21 EDT 2010