[meteorite-list] 2010 Perseids

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 02:37:29 -0400

Hi Wayne and all,

Sounds like a nice one!

A comment on astronomy and observing. As much as I like a good beer, we
had a eye doctor comment at an astronomy convention (in a talk) about
observing medically speaking. He suggested that beer and other drinks
tend to make your eyes less sensitive while observing. A candy bar was
useful in making your eyes more sensitive to faint objects.

Since meteors vary in intensity, serious observers need to dark adapt
for observing and avoid those things that might hurt recording meteor
fall numbers.
Something to contemplate while sipping your beer.

Not that it would keep me from indulging while watching the shower. Best!

--AL Mitterling