[meteorite-list] Perseids.

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 08:27:14 -0600

We had clear skies here in southwest CO. I was out watching starting
at about 9 PM. Saw an eyepopper of a meteor at about 9:15. Long
tail, orange tint to it. I'm certainly no expert on meteors but sure
looked to me like this one made it into dark flight. I've seen a
daytime fireball and watched the big one that went over to California
a while back at night but the first one I saw last night was by far
more spectacular to see. Last night, I also watched several that
were multiple pieces of 3 or more traveling side by side. They went
pretty much directly overhead going north to south. For the last few
years we had clouds during the Persieds. Nice to finally get to watch
some of the shower.
Mike in CO