[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunting improves vigour and vitality in the aged. Also, The Perseids

From: bill kies <parkforestmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:36:59 -0500

The weather is clear and I'm all set up on my roof this year for the
Perseids. I just finished rebuilding the whole deal. Soffits, fascia, removed two layers of asphalt shingles, replaced 16 pieces of 4x8 sheathing, etc.

Not an easy task, Chicago weather has been hot and humid, but after all the complaints from the wife about meteorite hunting this spring in lieu of house and garden work I decided to impress the family with my new found vigor, gained by power walking through Wisconsin several times, and tackle the most fearsome household DIY job an out of shape 59 year old can contemplate. A comment from my daughter-in-law about me enjoying my twilight years was the last straw, lol. I survived but do not recommend this kind of work without your doctors permission.

Just remember, if you plan to use your roof for meteor gazing or any other extra curricular activity, roll out some old carpet remnants, tarps, or whatever you can find so you don't scuff the shingles!

Brought to you by Jeff Foxworthy and The International Association to Rehabilitate Your Rusty Dusty.

Bill