[meteorite-list] AD: Mt. Lemmon SkyCenter Opens for DiscoveryDays

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:20:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Tucson meteorite people!

This weekend will be the next Mt. Lemmon SkyCenter DiscoveryDays. This event will be similar but a little different than the LPL Open House we had back in May. It'll be a good chance to get up into the mountains for some fun science and to get away from the Summer heat in the valley. There is a nominal fee to help support the Science Center.

More information can be found at:

http://www.flandrau.org/2010/08/17/escape-the-heat-with-discoverydays/

I don't know if it will be an attraction for any of you, but I'll be at the 60" telescope showing how we discover Near Earth Asteroids. This is the telescope that discovered 2008 TC3/Almahata Sitta.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography