[meteorite-list] NWA 5400: Not Brachinite

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:36:48 -0400

Thread was, "NWA 6292 2.100 gram"

Hi Anne and List,

To correct Anne's comment of, "NWA 5400 is a very unusual brachinite and the
only way to know definitely
if any other brachinite is truly, really paired with it is by doing an
Oxygen-Isotope study."

NWA 5400 is "Brachinite-Like" in some observations, but more thorough
analysis shows it is NOT a Brachinite.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe