[meteorite-list] Meteorite Museum update - call for help

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:46:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi to all, I hope everyone is doing good.
I have found a new building for the museum, its $200 less per month (only $600 vs $800) and has a good amount more floor space (8000 square feet)

It is going to cost about $1200 per month for the museum once rent, utilities, security, insurance and so forth is accounted for.
I am asking for anyone who wants to contribute to email me asap.
I am accepting donations and also discounting my stock for quick sale to get the $2600 I need to get the building and open the doors. I have about 10 days to get the money for this.

I dont know how much I will be able to cover by myself with my limited income, so the land owner and I have worked out a 3 month trial lease to see if I will be able to sustain the costs of this.

Its not something I will make a profit off ever, any money that comes in above the monthly costs will go into the museum to help growth.

My plan to help with monthly costs includes a gift store that will sell meteorites and a low admission fee - other then that, Its on me to raise the cash.

I have been provided some awesome NWA meteorites by one of the nicest people in the meteorite field to sell to help raise the money needed, they are available for sale at modest prices, contact me for more on these.

Contributors will have a space for thanks and recognition at the museum as well as Richard Norton, who the museum is being named after, to honor him, his contributions to the field and for the wonderful books he left for all meteorite collectors, new and old.

I have tried to get the cash myself, but just cant do it.

Those interested in helping, or wanting to learn more about the project, please contact me off list, thanks,

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites