[meteorite-list] Jack Horkheimer "Star Hustler" passes away

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:23:00 -0400

Hi List,

Forgive the semi-off-topic nature of this post, but I have just
learned that Jack Horkheimer has passed away at his home of a
respiratory ailment at age 72.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/20/1785361/star-gazer-host-jack-horkheimer.html

Jack was a fixture on television during my childhood and he is part of
the reason that I became interested in astronomy (along with Carl
Sagan). It was my interest in visual astronomy (and meteor showers)
that led me to meteorites.

This is a sad day for amateur astronomers, but as Jack used to say -
"Keep on looking up!"

RIP Jack.

Best regards,

MikeG