[meteorite-list] Search for first U.S. lunar meteorite

From: Thunder Stone <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:47:25 -0700

All:

Believe me - I'm looking for them along with any other achondrites without metal.? That's why I do not solely depend on a metal detector or a magnet.? I look at the features of the rocks: are they smooth, do they have sharp edges or rounded edges, are they different than surrounding rock, if I find something different, is there more of the same rock in the area.? I have often found rocks that are odd or different to me and then keep looking and end up with a bucket full of this rock.? A meteorwrong.? I also check my finds with a loupe in the field - if I do find something, I want to know right away.? I also believe many have been passed over.

Greg S.