[meteorite-list] AD - Rare Types - L/LL5, CO3.4 and more!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:33:05 -0400

Hi Folks!

This ad is of special interest to type collectors. I have 2 new
offerings of very rare types not often seen on the market.

First, there is NWA 6287, a rare "L/LL5". This meteorite was bought
out of Morocco by John Higgins and classified by Dr. Tony Irving. Dr.
Irving said this meteorite does not fit into the L or LL class, so he
gave it the provisional classification of "L/LL5" pending more study.
Whatever it is, it's quite unusual and it's chemistry does not neatly
fit into the known OC groups. It is an attractive meteorite with
plentiful metal fleck, troilite, clasts and occasional chondrules. I
only have a limited quantity of this meteorite in the form of slices,
endcuts and micromounts. If you want a BIG specimen of this
meteorite, contact John Higgins and he will be happy to hook you up.

Micros - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6287-rare-lll5-transitionary-chondrite-micromount

1.35g slice - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6287-rare-lll5-transitionary-chondrite-135g-slice

2.76g slice - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6287-rare-lll5-transitionary-chondrite-276g-slice

13g slice with big chondrule -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6287--rare-lll5-transitionary-chondrite--big-13g-slice

12g slice with big chondrule -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6287--rare-lll5-transitionary-chondrite--big-12g-slice

29g crusted endcut -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6287--rare-lll5-transitionary-chondrite--big-29g-crusted-endcut

20g uncut crusted fragment -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6287-rare-lll5-transitionary-chondrite-big-crusted-chunk-20g

The next offering also comes courtesy of John Higgins and was also
classified by Dr. Tony Irving. It is a super-rare CO3.4 type. I
don't need to explain how rare this type is. Just do a Google search
and you'll quickly see that this type is almost completely absent on
the market. This meteorite has received the provisional name of NWA
6281. My supply of this meteorite is extremely limited. Again, if
you want a BIG specimen of it, see John Higgins.

Generous-sized micros -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6281-super-rare-co34-carbonaceous-chondrite-ornans-type-micro

1.56g slice - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6281-super-rare-co34-carbonaceous-chondrite-ornans-type-156g

3.09g slice - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6281-super-rare-co34-carbonaceous-chondrite-ornans-type-309g

Need an LL4 for your type collection, I have that also. This also
comes from the impressive collection of John Higgins and he has some
very large specimens of it. I have a few smaller pieces to offer.
This is NWA 6080.

4.33g slice - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6080-new-ll5-chondrite-from-morocco-slice-433g-1

3.93g slice - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6080-new-ll5-chondrite-from-morocco-slice-433g

1.58g slice - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6080-new-ll5-chondrite-from-morocco-slice-158g

A great starter kit for type collectors here. This kit has 12
different types, individually labelled and presented in a 6x8" Riker
box - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-starter-type-collection--12-different-types-w-rarities

Want to increase the google pagerank of your website and increase your
traffic? See my Meteorite Website Pagerank Report. I have analyzed
89 different meteorite-related websites and compiled the data into a
report with tips on how to improve your ranking -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-website-page-rank-traffic-report--for-webmasters

Lastly, increase your traffic and sales by joining the Meteorite Top
Sites List - http://meteorite.gotop100.com

Want BIG specimens of the above rare types, see John Higgins' website
at - http://www.fusioncrust.com

Don't forget, use coupon code "metlist" at checkout to receive 20% OFF
your entire order at Galactic Stone & Ironworks!

Feel free to contact me offlist with any questions - mike at galactic-stone.com

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG