[meteorite-list] Clear plastic display boxes / try a membrane box

From: R N Hartman <rhartman04_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:10:19 -0700

Hello Martin,

Saw your inquiry and I don't know how large your slices are but you might be
interested in checking out some of our larger size membrane boxes. Box
sizes with O.D. up to 150 x 300 mm for thin slices and 250 x 200 x 200 mm
which will handle an iron individual up to 3371 g. although I did have a
roundish 12 pound Canyon Diablo iron in one until we had an earthquake and
it fell off the top shelf of a bookcase onto the floor. For slices, we list
recommended max. sizes for objects inside the box, but you can push that
number if your specimen is for display and not a fragile object for
transportation, which need the shock absorbing engineering of the stretched
membrane. The clear membrane suspends the specimen inside the box and you
can look at it from both front and back at the same time. Our business
website lists all the dimensions (O.D. and I.D. of boxes) at
www.membranebox.com

Ron Hartman
membranebox at earthlink.net
rhartman04 at earthlink.net