[meteorite-list] Gebel Kamil question

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:39:46 EDT

Hello Ron,

I am sorry, I don't have much of an answer either. Looking in the MetList
archives, I did find an email from a member of the Italian team dated Aug. 1,
and Mike's translation. (see below) That email does state that the pieces
were stolen.
Sorry, this is all I found, since I didn't buy any, I didn't particularly
pay attention.
Also, having been in Egypt, I am well aware of the strictly enforced
Egyptian laws regarding any ancient artifacts, but I don't know if they apply to
meteorites.

Does anybody know more about it?

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)