[meteorite-list] Help with a Gebel Kamil meteorite for saleoneBay

From: John.L.Cabassi <John_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:13:13 -0700

G'Day List
It has been brought to my attention that possibly in haste to reply to
Tom, that my post was a little vague and could be interpreted that I
received my money back and then the item arrived and I kept it. Allow
me to clarify my post.

The response I got from the seller through the PayPal case stated that
the money was returned and that they were very sorry and that they would
forward another item free. I responded that I wasn't looking for the
item for free, I just wanted my money back, but my responses fell on
deaf ears and another item arrived. I felt this was the seller's way of
resolving the situation amicably for the time period that was involved.

As I stated, the item he sent was used and had to be repaired. Also
that was some time ago and the unit has left my possession and been
given to an upcoming amateur astronomer, who at the time was less
fortunate than I was and it was for free.

Thank you everyone for your time. I will try to be less eager and more
precise with future postings.

Cheers
John