[meteorite-list] Tucson travel questions

From: John Teague <volgems_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:00:57 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Yep, those were driving times! Sorry! A car is a necessity unless you stay in a hotel/motel near one of the shuttle routes. Or unless you have deep pockets for cabs!

If you go to the Dollar Car Rental site, you can get a "lock low and go" car rental for VERY reasonable rates. I get 10 days for under $250. The "lock low and go" gives you a mid-sized or above car (depending on what they have the most!). They usually give me the choice of a full-size car, a SUV, or a mini-van. We've been very pleased with each one we've gotten from them.

John