[meteorite-list] Tucson travel questions

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:12:19 -0800 (PST)

Hey Greg

Tucson isn't that large, but the shows are all over town. You'll never spend that much time traveling between the various shows since you'll be in your car.

The city sponsored (read free) shuttles were discontinued last year due to budget shortfalls and cuts, but a number if private groups came up with their own shuttles. I know nothing about them so can't comment on that. Suntran buses can be used but as suggested, if anyone needs to get around there are often rides by follow rockheads to be had. If you need a ride, ask.

I have a POI file that can be used in various GPS devices and I believe can be converted for use in smartphones too.

The file can be opened in Google Earth so you can see where the various shows are located.

The file is the one I made for the 2010 shows. An update is forthcoming and I'll announce when it gets released, but there should be few if any changes other than me organizing it to make it easier to use.

It can be found at:
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/24678

--
Richard Kowalski