[meteorite-list] Martian Meteorites

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 11:02:58 -0800 (PST)

I think it was simple misunderstanding. All my post was intended to point out is that the NASA announcement was not going to increase prices, but if there was an increase it would likely be due to smart marketing.

As for comments directed you (Greg H) as I said in my email sorry if you think they were but they were not.
THIS is what I was commenting on...

"Jim, I can understand the need to suspend sales of NWA 998 until further notice.
I can hear the researchers and paleontologists chanting "Drill Baby, Drill" as they are knocking down your door to get at some of those micro-fossils.
Astrobiologists will be scampering for pieces once they figure out how
fossil-rich this Nakhlite is. Too bad there are a lot of posers claiming to have found alien life forms to gain press, fame and money. It will cheapen the experience when the real deal is studied more, accepted and announced following proper protocol.
As for me, several requests for pieces of NWA 998 have come in. Sorry, I only have a few milligrams left other than the main mass which will not be cut
again.
Best Regards,
Adam"

"Listees.......
Sales of my remaining specimens of NWA 998 have been suspended until further notice.
Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038
http://www.catchafallingstar.com/"

Right after these two posts from Adam - one from 6:22 and the other from 19 minutes later...

"It must have leaked out that NWA 998 is the most fossil-rich meteorite ever
found or perhaps they found some more in other Nahklites.
http://skymania.com/wp/2010/04/new-meteorite-clues-to-life-on-mars.html
It will be interesting to hear what the big boys have to say.
Adam"

"Many believe that extraterrestrial proof of life will come this year by way of
Martian Nahklite meteorites.
http://skymania.com/wp/2010/01/proof-of-martians-will-come-this-year.html
Maybe NASA is getting the jump on all of the recent posers who are making
similar claims.
Happy Hunting,
Adam"

So as you can see, YOU (GregH) were not even thought about.
Last Im going to say on this.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682