[meteorite-list] Ball Lightning May Explain Some Fireball Sighting

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 11:04:04 -0500

Back in the 1970's when I was growing up in Florida, I saw some wicked
ball lightning during an electrical storm.

My father and I looked out the window and saw a brilliant flash of
light, followed by a glowing ball of plasma that "bounced" across the
neighbor's yard, near the ground. It left a trail of purple, reddish
and yellow light behind it. It persisted for about 10 seconds and
then vanished. From our vantage point, it appeared to be the size of
a beachball.

I've never seen anything like it since.

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Meteorite Top List - http://meteorite.gotop100.com