[meteorite-list] List of known Rusters?

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 11:27:55 -0800

The formula for WD40 is secret. however...

"...WD-40 literally stands for Water Displacement, 40th attempt..."
http://www.wd40.com/faqs/

WD40 does not contain water... ;)Wouldn't it seem counter intuitive to
add water to a product which displaces water?

Wired Science article about the ingredients of WD40:
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/17-05/st_whatsinside

"...What does WD-40 contain? - While the ingredients in WD-40 are
secret, we can tell you what WD-40 does NOT contain. WD-40 does not
contain silicone, kerosene, *water*, wax, graphite, chlorofluorocarbons
(CFCs), or any known cancer-causing agents..." http://www.wd40.com/faqs/

Nantan has a bad rep for rusting, however, usually only the outer
surface of the irons are rusted. Smaller irons rust deeper into the
interior of the metal in relation to it's size. The level of oxidation
depends on the size of the specimen and partly on "where" within any
given specimen the slice is cut from. The treatment and prep work on a
finished piece of etched Nantan also plays a large part in whether it
rusts or not.

Regards,
Eric