[meteorite-list] List of known Rusters?

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 16:09:13 -0500

Hi List,

There are very few specimens that are beyond saving, no matter how bad
they may look at first glance. A bad specimen can be stabilized to
various degrees using a wide variety of methods. Pat Mulvany's
process produces amazing results. He can stabilize irons and
stony-irons that will "reboot" their oxidation process and result in a
stable specimen. Once the meteorite has been decontaminated and
stabilized, it's only a matter of preventing future rust, which is
much preferred to repairing to the damage afterwards. Pat's process
not only leaves the specimen in a stable state but it helps inhibit
future oxidation with no smell, stains, or oily feel.

You can see his work here - http://patmulvanymeteorites.embarqspace.com/

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com