[meteorite-list] NASA Finds New Life Form

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 07:58:53 -0700

There is a big difference between "junk science" and science which is
incomplete, or published too early, or even of generally marginal quality.
In the case of this recent work, the hypothesis is sound and the techniques
used are reasonable. Certainly, there is reason to suspect that more work
should have been done before publishing (although that is far from certain
at this point).

I don't know how this will all shake out in the long run. I'm sure that
others will be pursuing similar work, and applying additional tests. In any
case, having read the paper, I don't think this work can fairly be called
"junk science". At worst, it is incomplete.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com