[meteorite-list] Geminid Meteor Shower Count

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:03:34 -0800 (PST)

Observed under ~75% clear skies for 40 mins between 0330 and 0410 (when total cloud cover rolled in VERY quickly and thus put a stop to the show).

Saw 56 during the 40 mins, one lasting over 3 seconds, 4 with very brief trains, ~2 seconds).

Temp was 18 F so maybe it was a good thing those clouds moved in after all.? ;-) The spot I observe from usually has anywhere from 2-10 others also watching. For some "strange" reason, there was NOBODY there except me last night....? Wimps.

? Robert Woolard