[meteorite-list] Off topic- the weather IS getting worse

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:13:35 -1000

Aloha E.T.,

> the Pineapple Express; a warm storm that comes up from Hawaii and has been hitting us for a week with warm air and 6 inches of rain in the past 5 days.

We're just sending a little aloha your way. We just got hit with a winter storm that deposited 6 inches of snow on the summits of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.

Here's what it looks like at sea level and 13,796ft elevation
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/IslandSnow.jpg

Here's what we do during down time at the observatories
http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/Images/CFHTsnow.jpg

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites (IMCA#1693)
105 Puhili Place, Hilo, Hawai'i 96720