[meteorite-list] Happy Holidays to the List

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:22:27 -0500

Seasons Greetings Listees!

I'd like to briefly thank everyone on this List for another year of
entertaining (and sometimes informative!) posts about meteorites,
meteoritics, dousing rods, UFO's, meteorite-hunting psychic animals,
Martian blood vessels, toliet plungers, eBay policy, meteorite sales
suspended until further notice, and all those other things that add
"spice" to the List. ;)

In particular, to those who have not blocked my email address yet(!),
thank you for tolerating me for another trip around Sol and at my
current rate of progression, I should be 10% more knowledgeable and 4%
less annoying next year.

I hope your Christmas/Yule/Hanukkah/Eid/Kwanzaa is filled with hot
food, stiff drinks, warm fires, fine cigars and good cheer. And if
you are lucky, that black rock in your stocking will be a
freshly-fallen meteorite and not a lump of coal. Although, if it is a
lump of coal, please send 10 blurry photos of it to me and ask me to
buy it - and then get offended when I decline.

According to the statistical averages of the last 10 years, we should
see 5 witnessed falls across the planet next year and we are long
overdue for another one. The last official fall was Mifflin back in
April. Maybe if we look up and see something streaking through the
sky, it will be a St. Nick bolide dropping fusion-crusted treats for
good boys and girls everywhere along the strewnfield.

My new year's resolution - regenerate my collection back to over 100
localities and manage to keep it for more than a year...... and to get
the Bolide Bus back on track. :)

Best regards and happy holidays!

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com