[meteorite-list] The New Meteorite Man!

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:46:52 -0500

Eric,
Actually many Lunar's (but not most) do attract a magnet.
Greg H. posted a while back a list of his Lunar's that do stick to a magnet.
I saved it on my old computer but, I cannot access it right now.
He did the test himself so I believe it to be true.
I was quite surprised but, there is a ton of erroneous information about meteorites out there.
As recent as last season. The meteorite men found what looked like a meteorite but, because it did not stick to a magnet it got immediately chucked.
I doubt they would do that again now that most acknowledge that some meteorites do not attract a magnet but most do.
since this new "Meteorite Man" claims his is a match to NWA 773.
I don't know if NWA 773 sticks to a magnet or not .
Does anyone have a sample to check?
Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza