[meteorite-list] Need to sell some meteorites

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 22:25:34 -0500

The need has come for me to try to sell some of my meteorites quickly. Most of
you don't know this about me, but for several years since my mother died, I've
been the live-in 24 hour caregiver for my elderly (recently turned 90)
grandmother-- I've obvously not been working outside the home for all this time,
and my grandmother and I lived off my 401k money, my mother's 401k money, and my
mother's life insurance money until that was all used, and since then on her
social security money only. On yesterday the 24th my grandmother took a major
turn for the worse and is in the hospital with not likely long to live. Which
brings me to my need to sell a few meteorites-- I need some cash to tide me over
until I manage to start working again.

I don't have many valuable or rare ones, but these three are ones I thought
somone might be interested in, if anyone would like to make an offer:

Potter Nebraska 22g (personally collected by Dirk Ross) featured on Rocks from
Space
http://www.spacerocksinc.com/January_27.html

2 fragments of Weston, Connecticut in a membrane box, totaling .194g (from the
Dirk Ross collection)

An 18-gram part-slice of NWA 987- specimen and many of it's chondrules seen
here:
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/987/