[meteorite-list] Matters Arising

From: valparint at aol.com <valparint_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:08:21 -0700

Peter,

Ye may be scunnered by guns but you don't have to be an atterie crabbit! Your nestie natter is making a doolie of ye.

Paul Swartz

Dear Listees

I have been a member of this list now for less than a year. In that time I have seen some almighty stushies (Scots word meaning rumpus or row) and debates as well as a mountain of information and the forging of some great new friendships.

However the recent postings on guns and arms has seriously depressed and angered me, and if anything has come close to forcing me off the list, it is this. I never thought I would see the day when I would be sharing correspondence with "hicks" and "rednecks" or NRA sycophants and apologists.

Anne (Black) I salute you. Your simple, straightforward words are my only comfort. :-(

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals