[meteorite-list] Matters Arising

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 01:14:03 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2010 3:59:47 AM Mountain Standard Time,
P.Davidson at nms.ac.uk writes:
Dear Listees

I have been a member of this list now for less than a year. In that time I
have seen some almighty stushies (Scots word meaning rumpus or row) and
debates as well as a mountain of information and the forging of some great
new friendships.

However the recent postings on guns and arms has seriously depressed and
angered me, and if anything has come close to forcing me off the list, it is
this. I never thought I would see the day when I would be sharing
correspondence with "hicks" and "rednecks" or NRA sycophants and apologists.

Anne (Black) I salute you. Your simple, straightforward words are my only
comfort. :-(

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals

Thank you Peter,
I do appreciate the compliment.
Please know that in the USA not all "hicks" are NRA apologists, and not
all NRA apologists are "hicks". I simply detest guns and will not tolerate
them near me.
Beside that, please remember a saying I was told a long time ago: "the
dogs bark, the train goes on" :-)

And please do not leave the List.
Thank you.

Anne M. Black