[meteorite-list] Inexpensive beginner's microscope?

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 00:59:26 -0800 (PST)

I picked up a few thin sections in one of the rooms here in Tucson yesterday. These are my first.

I am considering a few of my options, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a "budget-priced" beginner's microscope. To complicate things a bit, I want to be able to view the sample while I have my camera attached, so a parfocal trinocular is a must.

I have a good idea of what I need, but I'm still in the research phase. With one week of the Tucson shows done, another one still ahead and the Meteorite Auction later today, it will take a while for my wallet to recuperate, so I'm not ready to buy just yet.

Links off-list are appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Richard Kowalski