[meteorite-list] Fw: RFSPOD - February 9, 2010 Buzzard Coulee Blue Inclusion

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:38:08 +1100

Hi Bernd & all,

Maybe it's possible but it's about 150X bigger than my Isheyevo
Hibonite-bearing CAI or chondrule. Probably too big? Actually, I wish you
could see this feature in person Bernd. The best way I can describe it is to
say that is looks just like the iridescent blue colour of a Peacocks
feather.

I was sent a pic off list by another collector who has a similar smaller
feature on a very fresh NWA (~L3, W0/1). There is a brassy yellow one
(troilite?) with a smaller blue one like mine next to it. Both look like
melted metal on the surface. I know Mark had one other much larger Buzzard
with a similar thing too. Has anyone else seen this or know what could cause
it?

Cheers,

Jeff