[meteorite-list] Cause of the current snow

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:08:36 -0700

Yea. But I just wish Montana used the same sun as everyone else. It's
been balmy here and our snowpacks are at record lows. There is green
grass out my window right now. Seeing bald mountains, unfrozen lakes,
and ice free rivers in Montana in February is a little unnerving. Not
to mention the college students in shorts and tee shirts. (I didn't
mean that how it sounded)

Ahh, but what about meteorites you say?

Here's a link that made the rounds four years ago.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/03/060314170208.htm

As I see it, Tunguska was 1908, and Sikhote-Alin was 1947 so we are
about 24 years overdue for another big trundra melter.

-Martin