[meteorite-list] Nevada Meteorites Hunt page update " Driving Across Texas with nowhere to go."

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:40:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello Sonny? ( and List ),

? Thanks so much for sharing your Portales Valley story and photos with us, Sonny. Very cool! Congrats on such a beautiful find.

???It was also interesting to see what 10 years of weathering had done to the piece. From the photos, it really didn't appear to have suffered TOO badly at all, even on the surface. And I don't think I could see any signs of rusting on the interior. This is a great opportunity for me to ask the List at large a question I have asked once or twice before over the past 12 years. So here it is once again, please:

? For those of you who have specimens of PV? ( especially slices ), have you noticed any signs of rusting on your pieces?? I continually check my collection pieces and am both happy, and probably a little surprised, to see essentially NO signs of rust after more than a decade of exposure to the rather high humidity here in the South where I live.? I would very much appreciate any replies concerning other member's experience with their specimens.

? Sincerely,
? Robert Woolard? ???