[meteorite-list] NEO 2010 CR5 - Greg Hupe co-discovery!

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:48:00 -0500

Hello NEO Fans,

Thank you to all on-List and off for the many congrats to Richard and I for
the new NEO discoveries on my visit to the Mt. Lemmon observatory operated
by the team of the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS). I would like to thank Richard
Kowalski and the entire CSS team for their dedicated efforts, and for the
opportunity to be included as a guest observer for a night which netted
three new Near Earth Objects in just four hours of observing time. These
include asteroids; 2010 CJ1, 2010 CM1 and 2010 CR5, which I am named
co-discoverer. How cool is that!

>From my limited time at the 60" telescope, I observed first hand the many
hats professional astronomers must wear in order to conduct their tireless
work. When unexpected technical problems arise, they must become a
troubleshooter, handyman/woman and computer expert to name a few. I gained
an even greater level of respect for these hunters of deep space!

It was truly an honor to sit in the same chair from where Richard Kowalski
discovered NEO "2008 TC3", which as we now know, became meteorite "Almahata
Sitta". I appreciate the opportunity to hang out for an evening with the
'stars'. It was an awe-inspiring experience and a pleasure to look deep into
space and to see the objects of our desires before they become one with
Earth!

Perhaps one of these three new NEO's will become the newest 'meteorite' to
join us on planet Earth...

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe