[meteorite-list] Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan Meteor 20:28pm 14FEB2010

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 04:38:20 -0800 (PST)

Dear Lists,

Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan Meteor Lights Sky!

I just received a report of a fireball sighting over Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan seen at approximately 8:28pm;
"... (we) were driving near our apartment, and
we saw a bright flash of light in the sky ahead of us. We are not sure
what was it, but it is possible that it was a bolide. It looked like a
very bright falling star.

Time: around 20:28 Japan local time ... (more)

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/2010/02/ibaraki-japan-meteor-fireball-bolide.html

If anyone has more information about this event please let me know. I will update my news site if there is any news and videos.

Thank you. Dirk Ross...Tokyo