[meteorite-list] Mexican fall and Lorton, VA update

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:56:15 -0800

Hi Guys,

My take on the Mexico fall is that it obviously didn't produce a crater,
and since no images or video have shown up it may be some time before
the exact fall location is known. (By now, I assume most people know it
was NOT a reentering piece of Russian space debris.)

As for Lorton, as far as I know no finds beyond the doctor office
hammer stone have been recovered. (And obviously nothing *could*
have been found in the last couple weeks as everything in the area
is buried under several feet of snow.) I suppose if it gets warm
enough that roof snow starts melting, an inadvertent find might
be made as a result of a roof leak discovery.

--Rob