[meteorite-list] Sonny Clary on Meteorite Men

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:08:21 -0800 (PST)

I have to say this was one of the most fun episodes yet. Too bad there is only one more episode left to go. Here's hoping for cycle two. My only complaint is that I just wish they spent more than just five minutes at the end of each episode taking about the science. It is the Science Channel after all!

It was good to see Sonny out on the lake bed. Sonny was one of three people who generously took me out on my first meteorite hunt some months ago. Though we all came up empty, it was great fun and for me, a huge learning experience. One that left many fond memories. I hope to be able to hunt with him again in the future.

It was great to see him again during The Show a few weeks ago and meet his wife and Brix too.

I have to say that one scene when they got back to the hotel room exhausted, looked very familiar. We all looked that way at the end of the day during our hunt too!

One thing I didn't discuss with Sonny during our time together was what he did for a living. As a former fireman myself, it was a great and pleasant surprise to find out that Sonny is a member of the brotherhood, a Fireman & EMT in Las Vegas. So, we have a great meteorite hunter, a selfless public servant and an all round great guy all in one!

Thanks to Steve & Geoff for asking Sonny to be on your show. I can't think of anyone who would make a better guest to be spotlighted on your show!

He is exactly the type of person we should be seeing on TV!

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography