[meteorite-list] " Milloners only" Seller response.

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:41:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello Listers

I emailed the individual on eBay asking.....

Hi i was wondering whats the weight of the meteorite and if you have more images that you have taken. Also how did you get the meteorite?

And the individuals response was......

"3.7 Lb. I am the owner of the medical building it feel on. No this is the only photo. It is in a container for it's own protection. Thank you."
- systemswirefly

I guess the owner must have found more fragments of the Lorton meteorite because the last time I checked it weighed at 318g, making it less then a lbs.

I also called up the Smithsonian today and spoke with a women on the phone and she had told me that the meteorite is no longer in the possession of the Museum and that the meteorite is with the Lawyers that are dealing with the case. This might be true that the owner could be selling the meteorite, but he has no clue what hes doing.

Shawn Alan

meteorite-list] " Milloners only" Seller response.countdeiro at earthlink.net countdeiro at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 19 15:41:58 EST 2010