[meteorite-list] Your top meteor sightings!

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:06:57 -0700

This was a slow fireball- several seconds long, observed by hundreds of
witnesses. It was also caught on video, as a reflection on a car from a
security camera. I've still got the original witness reports as well as the
big maps where the data was plotted. Although the original search failed to
find anything, the subsequent finds (three separate pieces) match up very
well with the estimated strewn field from that original analysis. There were
reports of both electrophonic noise as well as sonic booms.

This was the last big fireball before we got our camera network running. All
the big events since then have been caught on at least one allsky camera.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com