[meteorite-list] Lovina

From: Michael Johnson <michael_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 05:47:47 -0800 (PST)

Congrats Darryl!
That is great news!

Regards,
Michael Johnson
http://www.rocksfromspace.org

----- Original Message -----
From: Darryl Pitt <darryl at dof3.com>
To: Adam List <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 05:20:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [meteorite-list] Lovina

Good Morning,

This past Tucson I was struck by so many of you coming up to me to
express your regrets that Lovina, a sanctioned anomalous meteorite,
turned out not to be a meteorite. I advised that while the
observations made by the Smithsonian which questioned Lovina's
certification were fascinating, its status was not yet certain.

Today I have some news.

John Wasson, who requires no introduction, has stated the following:

"I am ready on the basis of the composition to state that I am
convinced that Lovina is a meteorite. The argument is that every
single element is within the range commonly encountered in iron
meteorites. Metals that have been made by man will always differ from
meteorites in terms of several elements."

The results of other research being done on this remarkable object
will dutifully be reported.

All best / Darryl