[meteorite-list] Lovina Iron

From: Jim Strope <nwa482_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:21:14 +0000 (UTC)

Listees......

There was a lot of discussion at the Tucson show about the Lovina Iron Meteorite found in Indonesia in 1981. It was first determined to be a meteorite, a very unusual meteorite in appearance. Then news came out that it was possibly not a meteorite. Anyway, the partslices looked so cool that I got one off of Darryl Pitt in Tucson. I knew full well that the jury was still out.

Well, just received news this morning from Darryl that it is now back to being a meteorite.

Check out the photo of Lovina before cutting:

http://www.macovich.com/imagesOct2909/Lovina_large.jpg

I bet everybody that got a piece of this will be really stoked. Congrats Darryl.

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

http://www.catchafallingstar.com/