[meteorite-list] Lovina Iron

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:30:48 -0800

I second that question... This is perhaps the oddest looking meteorite
I've seen.

It appears to have some sort of mineral growth attached to it. Perhaps a
mineralization which formed the crystalline pyramidal structures. The
structures show no sign of ablation at all and appear to be too fragile
to have survived atmospheric entry in such pristine shape. What are we
looking at in those structures?

Regards,
Eric