[meteorite-list] Mystery unclassified stone meteorite - what is it?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:12:55 -0500

Hi Listees!

I have this oddball meteorite in my cabinet that I have had for a long
time. I liked the way the outside looked, so I kept it. When I
finally bought I saw, I cut this specimen open and was pleasantly
surprised. It's a real oddball - perhaps a breccia of some type. The
first photo doesn't show it well, but there is metal fleck present.
Has anyone ever seen a specimen like this? Can anyone take an
educated guess as to what it might be?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/breccia-dual/breccia-2.jpg

The outside of the stone -

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/breccia-dual/breccia-outside.jpg

I cut a small slice and polished it. The brecciated features faded
into the matrix and became very hard to see, but it made the sparse
metal fleck easier to see when the specimen is tilted the right way,
in this last photo -

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/breccia-dual/breccia-iron.jpg

Best regards,

MikeG